As a school community we will continue to use SchoolZone as the primary tool for parents and students to access school information.
Supporting Your Child’s Learning
Here are some of the ways parents can support their child’s learning.
- Make sure your child gets the most out of the school day by helping him/her arrive at school healthy, rested, and on time.
- Encourage your child to take part in school activities and education and to take pride in the school community including its building and grounds.
- Communicate with your child’s teacher and principal by visiting the school, phoning, or sending notes. If you have a concern, ask for a meeting.
- Encourage your child by talking about and showing your interest and appreciation for his/her efforts at school and at home.
- Attend school events such as orientation nights, parent-teacher meetings, and concerts.
- Help in the classroom, on field trips, or on committees when volunteers are requested. Also, you may wish to participate in your School Council.
- Read with your child regularly from a wide variety of books.
- Reinforce self-esteem by listening to and praising your child.
- Set aside a time for daily homework.
If you have any questions about your child’s homework, please ask your child’s teacher.